Sunday, December 1, 2019

1st Day of Advent, warm day walk, scrap quilt, and wool ornament for our Jesse Tree

We began the day at church to celebrate the first day of Advent.  The first candle was lit. During these dark days of winter we are reminded to take time to look at our own heart and soul, not to judge others but to look at how we might be compassionate, merciful to others, and fill it with love and patience.


Our class began the Jesse Tree. I gave each student a tree from the Dollar Store and our "ornaments" to begin decorate.  I was surprised that , like me, none of them had experienced a Jesse Tree.  It traces the ancestry of Jesus one day at a time.
I used THIS link as our guide from Catholic Inspired.


 We discussed Advent, what the Jesse tree is, and any family traditions they might have.


After church I couldn't help but go for a snow walk on this beautiful day!







I set up my Grandmother's clay Advent Wreath she got long ago from Mexico.  I know blue is not the correct color but it will have to do until I get to the store tomorrow. The colors of Advent are Purple and Rose. 


Dinner was split pea soup made with the leftover hambone from Thanksgiving. 


It was perfect. 


Then it was time to put in a book and sew!


I finished the border for the scrap quilt. 


Then time to make my first Jesse Tree ornament representing the creation of the earth. 
December 1 - Creation: Genesis 1:1-31; 2:1-4 Symbol: earth 

I used some of my own fleece from our lambs.




I like the way it turned out. 


The end of the day was as beautiful as the midday. 




peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment