Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Day 10 of the Jesse Tree (sorta)

Most of the day was spent spreading Christmas Cheer delivering food and giving rides to appointments. They gave us great cheer and love. 


In one of the hospital waiting rooms... not sure why they have a Sleepy Time tree.  hmmm....


I so busy and on the road, so, when I needed to think of what ornament to make for our Jesse Tree, I called my sister while I was out being a Christmas Elf ...for what was the symbol of the day. She told me the lamp. I asked, are you sure? I thought it was the ten commandments.  She even said, let me check, yep the lamp. 
Well, I got home late and started making one for the lamp. Now , I am posting and looking for the reading ...and ... it ... is ... for the ten commandments. ugh but I am way too tired , sooo I am posting for Dec 15, the lamp.   smile. Stuff happens, no biggy. 

Today is really December 10 - Israelites: Exodus 20:1-17 Symbol: Ten Commandments  and I will think of something tomorrow but let's pretend it's the 15th... 

December 15 - Samuel: 1 Samuel 3:1-18 Symbol: lamp 

The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions.

One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was. Then the Lord called Samuel.
Samuel answered, “Here I am. And he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”


Our tree is beginning to fill up. 


Time to relax. I got a bunch of Christmas books during the summer when the library was giving away books. 

I got this one in the mail...


This will be my spot for the next hour or so. 


Yes, this cup will soon be full of chamomile tea. 


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment