Thursday, December 12, 2019

Cards, Garden, More Yard Sauce, Chickens

My stepdaughter is an extremely talented florist and we scored one of her wreaths.  I can't wait to get it up on the house. I will move the one out front to our birdhouse or pumphouse so it can be seen when we pull into the driveway. 


I can't wait for the Christmas pageant on Sunday. I hope the snow stays away. Yesterday I was lucky to help set up so when the kids show up on Sunday it won't take as long.  It is one of the many charms living in a small town .





The first half of the day was spent grocery shopping with a sprinkling of Christmas shopping. 
Then home.
I got caught up on making cards. I panicked since I needed so many more.  I took items that were meant for gift tags and transformed them into cards.  I have made and sent closed to 40 cards. 



I took the drawers out of this cabinet and put them out in the bird house.  With 30 birds I felt they needed more nesting boxes to lay eggs. 





 Then I filled the regular boxes with new fresh straw. 




I received a bunch of yellow tomatoes. 


Time to make more freezer Yard Sauce.  I found the recipe over at The Pricillas. It's like spaghetti sauce but better. 


Used the last of our grown onions. 


I got two batches made today. 


I went out to check on the greenhouse.  It was been pretty cold and below 32*. 



I got a new rosemary Christmas tree (the last one they had).


And a striped tea rose plant. 




The girls came over to say hello when the dog and I went out for a muddy walk. 


We celebrated Our Lady of Guadalupe with a taco dinner tonight. 


More cards were made after dinner. 




Time for a hot toddy.  I will update the Jesse Tree tomorrow. 


peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment