Friday, December 20, 2019

Jesse Tree Ornaments Day 17, 18, 19, 20; Cookie making and more


I am finally getting caught up on my Jesse Tree. I was staying home today and no one was going to stop me!

December 17 - David: 1 Samuel 17:12-51 Symbol: slingshot
Okay, it may not look totally like a slingshot but there it is ...smile. 



December 18 - Solomon: 1 Kings 3:5-28 Symbol: scale of justice




 December 19 - Elijah: 1 Kings 18:1-46 Symbol: fire & altar




December 20 - Jonah: Jonah 1:1-16; 2:1-1; 3:1-10; 4:1-11 Symbol: whale -- what? it's the best I could do … smile. 





Today was cookie making day.   I have one last one to make... meringue or as my Mom calls them Forgotten Cookies since we leave them in the oven overnight. I will post that one tomorrow. 

We made the typical sugar cookie.




Okay, okay... I cheated. 


But then took another sugar cookie mix, made it per the directions plus added 1/3 cocoa powder, 1/3 flour and finely chopped walnuts.  Heat oven 325*. Roll into balls, put on ungreased cookie sheet denting in the top of each ball. Bake 12 minutes. 


Cool completely (made 34)


Melt a cup and half of white chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of heavy cream in the microwave, 15 seconds at a time, stirring and repeat until melted.  Let cool but not harden. Put on top of each cookie. Dude wanted more. 


We did get a walk in today. It was warm enough to thaw and melt the snow into a muddy mess.



Norman didn't care. He was very happy. 


The sheep got their daily lovin' .


And were sad when we had to leave. 


Norm doesn't want the day to end. 


But I need to get dinner on... tuna stuffed tomatoes, a side of buttery peas and pasta with pizza sauce. 


peace 









No comments:

Post a Comment