Friday, December 13, 2019

Jesse Tree Day 12,13,14; Displaying Christmas Cards, and so much more!

I love getting and giving Christmas Cards. I like to display them for all to see.
I saw the instructions for a card display on Hallmark using old frames. My grandfather was an artist and I acquired tons of his old frames.  So... I made the display. I like this because you aren't hurting the frame at all.  Just tie ribbon to the frame , then hot glue the cards to the ribbon.  Love it.




Let's get caught up on our Jesse Tree... I hope you are going to the readings each day too.  It's very meditative. It is fun to have the symbol, read the passage and see if children and find why we have the symbol of the day.

 December 12 - Gideon: Judges 6: 11-12,16-23;7:1-22 Symbol: horn and torch

This one I greatly reduce a picture of the walls of Jericho coming down and glued to cardboard. 

December 13 - Samson: Judges 16:4-31 Symbol: hair and scissors

I got some black yarn and tied together. 

I combed it out to look like hair. 




December 14 - Ruth: Ruth 1:1-19; 2:1-20; 4:13-17 Symbol: wheat

I wasn't sure what to do. I had some tiny bottles leftover from Halloween so I filled them with flour which equals wheat . 


December 15 - Samuel: 1 Samuel 3:1-18 Symbol: lamp - remember I already did this on out of order.



Our library has this activity every year and they are due tomorrow! Here is last year's. 


I got started on this year's.  A cup of coffee and a movie from the library kept my rhythm going... fold, crease...fold, crease. 




Tomorrow morning I will decorate it. 


Here is the setting at the library. 


I also like their "Frozen" area for the children. 

Last year it was warm and windy.  With the wind came an abundance of tumbleweeds.  I made a tumbleweed tree… smile.


Tonight we finished our HOME monthly display. My friend Sherri came up with this idea and taught us how to make it and put it together. 


Each month you replace the  O. 



peace 









No comments:

Post a Comment