Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Day 3 of the Jesse Tree, tried a no-bake bar, and window herbs

Today is day 3 of the Jesse Tree. 
December 3 - Noah: Genesis 6:5-19; 7:16-24; 8:1, 6-11,15-22 Symbol: ark 

I cut a template from cardboard of the Ark, then two out of felt. I glued the cardboard between the felt and added the red windows. Then used a hole punch to string it up. 



Here are the other ornaments so far...

Day one - felted earth. 


Day 2 -- Apple ornament. 
I cut 3 apples from card stock (cut an extra since I was just testing my theory of how it might work) .  Leave one flat. The other two fold in half and glue them, one to each side of the flat one making it 3D. 




The first cookies of the season were made today. I used to love that my mom would have all kinds of treats for anyone who would stop by.  She would get out her tiered plates and put out a wonderful selection of treats.  Today I decided to try an no-bake chocolate oatmeal bar.  I love the no-bake cookies that are similar but these have way less sugar...but alot of butter (mo butter, mo better).  They turned out great. I popped them in the freezer for the season .
I found the recipe here .






About a week ago I decide to try forcing seeds indoors.  These are my purple and green basil.   So far they are doing really well. I have them in the kitchen window.


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment