Monday, December 9, 2019

Embracing Winter, Day 8 and 9 of the Jesse tree (I couldn't help myself on the Moses ornament)

It was forecast for snow in parts of our state but we did not have any. It was warmer that before but still chilly.   The days are so short in December.  After the house chores were done I went outside while I could and while there was a bit of sun. 




There is still snow on the ground and since we had rain the other night , the top of the snow is very crunchy.






There was major cabin fever in the house late last night. Around 3am , two cats and the dog began chasing each other inside the house.  Everyone was anxious for our walk today. 


Then it was time to head back inside.  I went in and lit the wood stove. 


I think the dog was offering the cats some enticement  with the offer of one of his raw hides.


You may have seen over on our facebook last night we made some Cherry Bounce. 


Day 8 of the Jesse Tree. We did post on FB but wanted to share here for those not on there. 

Jesse Tree Ornament Day 8
December 8 - Joseph: Genesis 37:23-28; 45:1-15 Symbol: tunic.
I made Joseph's coat ...
3 Now Israel loved Joseph more than any of his other sons, because he had been born to him in his old age; and he made an ornate[a] robe for him. 4 When his brothers saw that their father loved him more than any of them, they hated him and could not speak a kind word to him.


Day 9 of the Jesse Tree

December 9 - Moses: Exodus 3:1-10 Symbol: burning bush 
1Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight-why the bush does not burn up." 4When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am." 5"Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." 6Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." Okay, I know I was suppose to do a burning bush but my brain just couldn't wrap around a burning ornament. So, I got a picture of Charston Heston and mod podged him to an ornament . Oh, and I had to add glitter.



He needs to dry a bit. 



peace 










No comments:

Post a Comment