Sunday, December 22, 2019

Jesse Tree for Day 21, 22,and 23

Christmas is almost here and I have really enjoyed making the ornaments for our Jesse Tree.  Some days it was a scrabble and others it didn't happen until the next day but we got it done. It was nice to begin each day with the readings and follow the Advent Star to Jesus. 

The actual tree we started with came from the Dollar Store. Can't beat that! I bought three for the house.


One was for the Jesse Tree.  Here are the next ones...


 December 21 - John the Baptist: Luke 3:2-19 Symbol: shell and water

Until now I have always lived near the ocean.  The symbols for John the Baptist weren't that hard for me. Shells are all over in our home. You will find them in the craftroom, bedrooms and even the bathroom. 

I took a small shell and tiny bottle. I filled the bottle with water and glued it to the shell. Then hung on the Jesse Tree. 




December 22 - Joseph: Matthew 1:18-24 Symbol: tools

For this ornament I printed a tiny hammer and glued to a piece of cardboard and cut it out. On the backside I colored it with markers the same as the front. Used a hole punch to string- up for the tree.






December 23 - Mary: Matthew 1:18-24; Luke 1:26-38 Symbol: Mary and lilies 

I found a picture of Mary with lilies on the internet. Shrank it down to print out. Then mod podge to a piece of cardboard. I waited for it to dry , put glue around the end and applied glitter.  Hole punch to hang. 




peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment