Saturday, December 14, 2019

Canning Day and Finding a Treasure in Storage.

With an abundance of apples and cranberries on sale I knew it would be a canning day. 


I made a big batch of strawberry lime tea to get me through the day. 


I decided to make cranberry apple jam.

Apples were peeled , cored and chopped. Then it was cranberries turn. 


Everything into the pot along with 2 cups of water. 


Then cooked until tender. 


I did mash mine.  Then pectin was added to a fourth of a cup of sugar, mixed and set aside. Cook again until a rolling boil then add 4.5 cups of sugar.  Cook until a rolling boil plus one minute.  


It jelled up very well.  Water bath for 25 minutes. 


So pretty and very festive for Christmas. 



This morning it was cold but comfortable.  By the afternoon we could see the snow coming in over the mountains.  




Next up I wanted to finish up those yellow tomatoes. 



Someone gave me a canning pouch of spices for pizza sauce. I thought I would never use but I thought I'd give it a try.  It cooked down and tasted so good I could see using it for many things!


I got 4 1/2 pint jars made. 



In between I love doing word searches.  Smile. 


Dude was busy going to the feed store, feeding the lambs and chickens, getting their water filled so we would not need to go out tomorrow in case it snows, bringing in firewood and Christmas boxes from storage and he found his old cast iron pans!



He got so excited , he cleaned them up . 


And is making dinner for us!


Oh, and I did get my paperback tree finished. 




Simple, it won't win any prize  but I like it.  Monday I hope to get pictures of the others who created this year. 



peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment