Sunday, October 29, 2017

Carrots, candles, soap, horses and pie ohmy!

I couldn't sleep last night.  Too excited about putting mulch around the apple trees, pear tree, grapes, plum tree and the raspberries.  My brain was full of way to use up more land for planting next year now that the roof is on the house. Next year the water tanks are added.  We have them they just need to go on.  It is so cool when you see your dream coming to fruition.

Farmers are harvesting sunflowers and sugar beets around here and planting barley.

Carrots were pulled up. We still have more in the greenhouse but we will start with these. Most of these will go in the dehydrator.





Cleaning day to get ready for the holidays.  Carpets cleaned up, bathrooms scrubbed. Family stopped by yesterday to ride the horse. 



This is still our canning season. One thing that took off this year was the strawberry pepper jelly. A lot of people liked and are asking for it. This week I will make more.

One of my sons came over today to replace facets and fix my printer. I am eternally grateful for having a talented son. 


My daughter-in-law and I made this really simple lavender and oatmeal soap. 




Then candles were made.






I did get catnip pillows made with a bit of resistance.



Early in the morning we headed out for a prayer walk.



Dude has been resting most of the afternoon so I set to making dinner. 
Dinner - Impossible Pie -Oktoberfest!  My good friend Sunny gave me some of the most amazing sausage.  So, I combined it with our sauerkraut from our homegrown cabbage to make a wonderful meat pie.  It was heaven. 




 Cheesy goodness! 



A full and wonderful weekend. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment