Friday, November 3, 2017

Focus of the Homestead

I have been refocusing on what I wanted or thought of when I was dreaming of a homestead. Homestead is more a feeling I wanted, an old fashion thought of home and family.  This week I have been trying to get back to that. 



First I disconnected the apps from my phone -facebook, email, etc. I was too "into" my phone and not the homestead. 

Second I got back to what I love ... gardens, canning and crafting.  It is already cold here so the garden part was mostly in the greenhouse, mulching and layering the trees and berries outside and planning what I want next year - less animals (not eliminating, just less and focused)  more garden.  




I canned more jelly.  I found I have a knack for it and figured out there is a craft and science to it. For example... when you need a "rolling" boil , it is not the same as just boiling.  I sold over 20 jars of jam this week and 4 jars of pickles without trying. 




Crafting - I used to participate and sell at craft fairs in my younger years almost every weekend but that was when I had kids around to help, plus I love that time with them.  I got brave and signed up with a friend to sell at a craft fair this weekend. Even if we don't sell much I loved making the crafts and along the way teaching others.  Maybe I will get into teaching others with small classes. 

Soaps 

 Candles
 Treasure boxes for tea, travel jewelry, rosaries, whatever!



Another refocus is time with family and friends. Starting simple ...going back to having meals together, Sunday brunch and at the table (ohhh good...more crafting... making table clothes and placemats. )and saying Grace. Dude is really enjoying this piece as he hates eating out. 


So, that's it ... refocusing and really thinking of what we wanted when we were dreaming of this place.
                           peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment