Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday chores, flute, and making a tote bag

It was a relaxing Sunday and I was grateful for the extra hour from the end of Daylight Savings Time.

The morning began chilly and foggy.  Dude is still recovering from surgery and won't be able to lift or twist until December 2nd.  I got the morning started with a fire and bringing in firewood.  I love bringing in the firewood, really, I do. 




Then off to the grocery store and feed store. 

The store had a lot of items on sale for well under a dollar, if you planned it right.  I stocked up for the year. 


I had to get feed and load it up. I keep telling myself it is like going to the gym for a workout. 


I made our Sunday Cake... a carrot cake and put dinner in the crockpot.  Now to frost it.

Then time to relax. Dude was in the greenhouse watering and weeding.  He shouldn't be bending but I can't keep him in a prison of boredom.  He went out to speak to the animal and enjoy the sun. 

I took some time to play the flute. 


And write some postcards. 


Dude has been saving feed bags for me from horse, turkey, chicken and goat feed. I was excited to see if I could make a bag from them. 



I like the way it turned out. I will try a chicken or horse feed bag next. 


The past couple of weeks have been a challenge but am glad to know Dude and I can work together to get things done.

We hope you had a peaceful and loving Sunday. 

Tonight's prayer.

Sanctify, O Lord, our souls, minds, and bodies. Touch our minds and search out our consciences. Cast out from us every evil thought, every base desire and memory, every unseemly word, all envy, pride and hypocrisy, every lie, every deceit, all greed, all wickedness, all wrath, all anger, all malice, all blasphemy, all sloth, every movement that is alien to your holy will. Enable us to turn to you, O God, who loves humankind, to call upon you with boldness, with a pure heart, a contrite soul, a face unashamed, and with lips that are sanctified. Amen.

From The Divine Liturgy of James the Holy Apostle and Brother of the Lord

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment