Monday, November 27, 2017

Some days on the homestead don't always go as planned.

It  was another gorgeous day in the 70's*.  Chores were done this morning.  Chicken coop cleaned, with fresh new bedding laid down and topped with dried mint and oregano to keep the pest and mites down... plus it smells wonderful. 

It is one of our grandson's first birthday. I think their parents are smart to keep the first one low keyed since he won't really get what is going on anyway. 

I was off today and will be tomorrow. Then it is back to work and homesteading. I am really enjoying my time with Dude. We continued our walking again today and went two miles. Not much but it is building up stamina and helping Dude recover from back surgery.  It is suppose to rain/snow tomorrow so we are heading to the recreational center to swim.  We love going to the pool and hot tub on cold days. We have learned not to dread winter but embrace it where we can. 

But for today, Dude washed the car and truck. The plants loved the run -off water.

I made cupcakes for the birthday boy. 



Then set out to make a fabric cowboy... It has a blanket, pillow, cowboy, bandana, and horse. It's called Howdy and made for Moda.  Adorable.


The blanket and pillow were a breeze. 



We had lunch and started cleaning up the dining room and living room. Before we knew it it was late and time to go see the birthday boy.  I wanted to finish my project but I could hear Dude yelling in the yard.  Angelo, our goat, had gotten out... first time ever. Apparently, he just pushed opened the gate.  Dude was having a fit, chasing him all around. Angelo is my big fat baby, a 3 year old Boer goat. I told Dude to quit yelling and just ask him for a hug and kiss. Dude thought I was crazy. But I just called for him and put my hands out. He came running to me for a goat massage. See...

Everything calmed down, the animals were put "away" and we head off to see my grandson. With all the commotion I forgot the cupcakes and didn't finish the gift. Ugh. 
So here is where I am now.  It will be for Christmas... if I ever get the little cowboy turned inside right.  heehee. 


Some days are like that. 

Happy Birthday to our seventh grandson Master Spencer. 


Time to bring in some firewood for the morning. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment