Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Blessings of Winter plus Dude gets crafty

It snowed last night. 



I love winter, I just don't like driving in it.  Some folks just dread it and constantly think and worry over it, in fact I think it ruins their season of fall from just the worry. But most people move to Colorado for the winter activities.  Here are some I love:

  • Focusing on family. Built a snowman. It doesn't always work here since our weather is dry. My boys used to build snow forts.
  • Dogs love snow and playing in it.
  • Fire in the woodstove.*
  • Time to get cozy.*
  • All those quilts I have been working on are now taken out and used!
  • Everything becomes quiet when it snows.
  • Walk in the snow. 
  • Holidays are coming. 
  • Snowshoe challenge. My mom took me on my first snowshoe hike years ago. It was more difficult than it looks but she kept me going. 
  • If I get stuck in the city due to snow, I get to stay with family. 
  • Curling up with a good book. Turn off everything and sit in front of a warm fire. 
  • Make more hats and scarves. 
  • Warming up with a hot cup of cocoa or tea.*
  • Bonfires!
  • Light those candles.
* these are Dude's favorite





Dude got crafty yesterday.  

He asked how to make laundry soap. I gave him the recipe and he got to work. 



He did a good job.  Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try. You won't have to buy laundry detergent again!


He also made a marshmallow bazooka and a marshmallow gun.  Hahahaha. These are so much fun and very accurate.


If you have a wintery day I hope you embrace the season and enjoy the day. 

peace




No comments:

Post a Comment