Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday funday - gardens, walk, crafts and sewing

We work so hard during the week.  It is always hurry-up here and gotta-go here and work, work, work. 

Today we made no appointment and had no plans. It is definitely time to breathe and enjoy the day given to us as a gift.

We had a wonderful day this morning. On spur of the moment we went to an early morning movie and used a card someone gave us. The early movies are $5 a piece - YAY.  We saw Murder on the Orient Express.  The scenery is amazing.  I love a good murder mystery. 

Then home to the gardens to make a few salads. Isn't our winter garden nice? I want it to be much more, though.  Beets, 3 or more kinds of lettuces, radishes, spinach, parsley, cilantro, carrots, and more.



I am excited to plant these greens to see how they taste. 


After the garden we took a walk. The weather was beautiful today.  It was in the 50's. 


Norman is doing very well with his training. Something changed this week and he has matured.




A few of the animals joined us but then gave up quickly. 


After a few sniffs we worked our way back home. 


Dude finished up a few more marshmallow guns. These use mini marshmallows and you can't help but laugh when you play with them. 



Three o'clock came quickly.  I took a nap. I am one of those people that can fall asleep hard and in 15 minutes be back up again.  I made an afternoon cup of coffee (I have been back drinking tea again...love the stuff) and got to sewing. I finished the apron dress I started yesterday.   Dude settled in with a western movie before the football game begins. 


Advent will begin soon with all the wonderful stories of Noah and the Ark.   So I got out my Noah quilt book and began to trace. I can't wait to show you which one I am making.  I also have a son whose name is Noah. He, too, has an amazing story of survival. 



Ending the evening with today's reading:
GOSPEL
Matthew 25:1–13
Jesus told his disciples this parable:
“The kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones, when taking their lamps, brought no oil with them, but the wise brought flasks of oil with their lamps. Since the bridegroom was long delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep. At midnight, there was a cry, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins got up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise ones replied, ‘No, for there may not be enough for us and you. Go instead to the merchants and buy some for yourselves.’ While they went off to buy it, the bridegroom came and those who were ready went into the wedding feast with him. Then the door was locked. Afterwards the other virgins came and said, ‘Lord, Lord, open the door for us!’ But he said in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, I do not know you.’ Therefore, stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the hour.”

Time to read.  I need to finish this book. I am enjoying  it but it's due back to the library. 


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment