Thursday, November 9, 2017

Animal updates, drying peppers, and baking day

The mornings have been cold and foggy. 

These will be going to the butcher in a week or so for Thanksgiving. 



My geese are chatty as ever.


Mrs. Periwinkle


Mrs. Periwinkle and Libby the horse. Both of these animals are the gentlest you will ever meet. 


And , of course, my favorite, Angelo is doing well. 


Wilbur is my wool ram. I will be spinning his wool most of the winter beginning Monday. 



Billy Blue-eyes...he is an escape artist.  We are constantly repairing fence where he has gotten out but he is a gentle and sweet soul. 


Our pup, Norman, isn't allowed with the animals and sits patiently, quietly whimpering, waiting for us to return from chores. 


Dude can't sit still and dried all the rest of the peppers from the garden.  We ended up with 6 trays. 


These are great used throughout the winter in soups and stews or ground into a powder to add to breads, cheese, or whatever!


We have a baking competition at work.  I still have zucchini from the garden. I think this is the best zucchini bread. 




Half way through I put on the streusel. 


Hope it wins! 


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment