Sunday, October 8, 2017

Crafting, sewing, enjoying the outdoors, and garden

We had quite a busy day today. It was nice to be off work, with gorgeous weather and a free schedule. 

First up I found an old Halloween craft I had made.  It is another quick and easy one.

Found a label online, printed it out and dirtied it up a bit of ink. Mod podged it on the bottle , glued on a hand that I tried to make old, with spiders and webs.

My mom had given me the bottles and thought they would be good for making vinegars. I filled it with colored soda water.




My husband likes to have this big box of treats out for training the dog.  I wanted it put away. 


So I found one of these empty containers.  Spray painted it with metallic silver.


Put on a few stickers I had saved.


And wa-la! 


Next I had a leftover bird skeleton from the Dollar Store.  I lathered it in Mod Podge, sprinkled generously with glitter.

Added a doll hat. 


I did get back into the sewing room today.  I want to make a couple of placemats for a friend. I found some scraps from another project and got to work. 

This top is finished but need to find a few more scraps to finish the next one.


Then outside. It was a gorgeous day and hard to think that it will snow tonight. I enjoyed being out with the animals and the sun. 


A couple of young ladies from Wyoming were coming to ride the horses today. Dude got the horses cleaned up and ready to ride. 

Angelo, the goat, cracks me up .. thinking he is a man. 



Of course, he tried to steal kisses! Hahaha



I took Norman, the dog outside. He was nervous leaving the porch due to getting a sticker in his paw yesterday. 



Warm and in the upper 70's. 




Dude rototilled around the flowers. 



Then brought more wood up for the stove tonight.



Rototilled some more.


Pup was sad he was not in the tractor with Dude. 



I worked in the greenhouse. 


As you can see, I cut some of the lettuces too low. The ones I cut correctly came right back with more greens for us. 


Brought in some zucchini to make chips with them. 


I sliced them, added a ranch dressing dry mix to them.  Tossed them real good. 

Popped them in the dehydrator. 


Pup put himself to bed in a box. 



Made salad for the week all from the garden. 




Time for dishes to be done and settle in for some crocheting. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment