Monday, October 16, 2017

Veggie day and what's going on in the greenhouse

A quick Monday update.  It was Meatless Monday today.  Took what we had and made a veggie soup... our canned beans, peppers, onions, dried cabbage, and left over salsa makes a wicked soup! 



Next I headed to the greenhouse to make a salad for dinner. 





Added a dressing and my canned beets and it was as good as it looks. 


An open-faced sandwich for dinner too with our veggies.  Sautéed and jarred up and I am ready for the day! 




All the fall seeds are coming up. 


Looks like we got a cold snap on Saturday night. I need to get all the peppers picked in the morning. 


The lettuces love this kind of weather. 



Norman watched me work from the shade. 


I did find and iron fabric for more teasel mice .


The craft of the day was a glass ornament filled with cocoa mix and marshmallows. (not much of a craft, I know)


That's it for a busy Monday.  Take care 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment