Sunday, October 15, 2017

Learning ...ALL.. the ropes

And today starts a new "challenge " for me.  By Friday this time Dude will have had back surgery.  This morning I began to learn how to do all the morning chores myself.   (remember I am afraid of horses... not terrified but afraid.... it's a  challenge.... they are like a big dinosaur.  Maybe soft to pet and cuddly to some but to me, they are like Barney... a big... freaky ... dinosaur!  anywhoo, I digress.)  I started with the birds... no big deal but with Dude on the sidelines watching , I had accidently let the dog follow me in.  I didn't notice until I went to hug the geese good morning
and saw them hissing.  Turned around and there's the dog eating the turkey food I just put in!



Then I watered all the birds and cleaned the pool.  Not the easiest thing to as it had all frozen over night but I managed.



Then over to the female goats.  




Okay, not so bad but the horses were in there waiting too...grumbling and pacing for their breakfast. I was fine until I realized Dude was not in the corral with me. I freaked yelling for him. He laughed saying, " just keep going, put their food in their bins.  Separate the horses, make sure one has her mask on.  Get the other in her stall." I was running around like a crazy fool.





Then over to the goats and ram. 

Felonious waves at me to say, "me first!"

Angelo wants a kiss, of course.


Billy Blue Eyes say not to forget him!


Now these are "my people" until Dude tells me, "not in the morning before they are fed. You'll need to go fast and put their food in their bins or they will trample you. They push each other for their food and they will push you" 


I was exhausted and thought I was finished and found out they each get a small slab of hay. I made it through the morning.  Dude wanted me to go with him to get hay and feed. I thought I would get some rest sitting in the truck so I tagged along.  I found out he wanted to make sure I could lift everything... ohman, another workout. (I am woman hear me roar)

I did get a reward, he took me to breakfast.  Grin.  It was a fun and festive café. 


While there my son called and wanted me to come over and see my grandson. I was tired and wanted to say no but I knew he would bring me to life.  Seeing any of my family always has a way of doing that.   I went and we danced and sang. Rejuvenated I decide to stop for a few groceries before heading home.

I made it home after 4pm.  Norman, our dog, greeted me with this big dried out friend.  Gross. Looks like he died choking on something.






Dinner needed to get in the oven. (sorry after a dried frog picture)   I finally get to use my celery salt  (just a hefty pinch) plus a bit of garlic, lemon pepper, and onion powder. 

One of our chickens. 


Now time to RELAX!  Maybe make some cards or hand sew?  Whatever it is I am not moving!

Today's reading : I know how to live in humble circumstances;
I know also how to live with abundance.
In every circumstance and in all things
I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry,
of living in abundance and of being in need.
I can do all things in him who strengthens me.

                                                                  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment