Thursday, October 26, 2017

Keeping warm and thawed through the winter plus a quick team gift

Okay, I am not going to lie, the puppy got on my nerves today. He is great outside, helping with the chores but when it comes to settling down so I can sewing, craft or crochet he has a bit of trouble calming down - he grabs everything, chews everything and barks at me if I don't pay attention to him. He is a puppy after all. Training is continuing, we never give up.  This was just "one of those days".   (smile)




Winter is coming ... as the now, classic phrase goes.  Out here on the plains we get cold harsh winds and snow.  Ice has begun to form on the tops of the animals water at night and during the day it melts off.  Soon we won't be able to even break the ice.  I got the heaters out and ready to set up. Then set about doing the chores.






Dude and I disagree on heating the greenhouse.  This year we focused on the roof and getting it done.  Next year we will tackle and study a more efficient way to heat the great house.  For now, we will use a small space heater. I am not ready to lose our hard work.  Get real - we do argue over this one a lot.  Heating with electricity is very expensive so we won't heat it all winter.  We need to look into another, more efficient and effective way of heating.

When we moved in this place we lived in the back room while we demolished and renovated the rest of the house.  After we pulled up all the carpet and torn out walls where do you start?  I knew exactly what I needed first.  A pantry to put up all my canning and ,for a year before we moved in, I secretly saved for a woodstove.   No worries on staying warm on the eastern prairie.


This is today.  I got the wood in and happily thought of it as a great workout with a trainer.


 My Halloween gift to my team:
I found large mugs at the Dollar Store big enough for coffee, cocoa, or soup. Put a package of apple cider and a licorice stick in each.

       Found these cute printables about a witches brew here :  http://christmas.organizedhome.com/crafts/halloween/witches-brew


                                                                                      peace

No comments:

Post a Comment