Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Felonious the goat goes to a new home, cleaning the greenhouse, and pup update.

Day 2 of doing the chores on my own... not really, Dude can't help but help me all the time. 


Felonious, our buck was heading to a new home.  He is such a good goat and will be so happy at his new home. He is going to a wonderful homestead where I can visit him every week.  Selling some of the animals will help me doing the chores and will  give us some money toward the medical bills. 



That and he is glorious with his spots. 



My ram and little buck decide it was now time to go at it and decide who is king of the plains. They are ramming each other. 





The geese didn't care as usual and just wanted hugs. Oh, and can you see? They are beginning to get their signature hump on their bill.




Next I headed to the greenhouse . Some of the plants partially froze Saturday night. I don't want to lose the produce.  I got it all picked and started tearing out some of the plants. 

These will become pepper jelly, strawberry pepper jelly and pickled peppers.  Oh goodness, my mouth is already watering. 



The zucchini looks so sad. 


But gorgeous picked and in a bowl. 


Two baskets full of sweet peppers.  Some will be dried, others pickled, some frozen with onions and others made and canned as pickled onion and pepper relish... oh so good on hot dogs. 



Bees are hanging in there. 


Norman, our lab pup, is growing.  He is now trained to go potty outside and is sleeping all night. He hates me being at the computer. He will bark at me to : " Get off , get off and play!".  So, I do. He keeps me grounded. He is not a chicken or bird chaser. He does not harass the goats.  He is Dude's constant companion and they love each other.  Dude trains him to come, sit, stay, and NO! for slinging cats.  He is doing well. Now, if he could just quit chewing on everything.  I can handle shoes being chewed beyond recognition and the like, but , when I found my glue gun demolished I had to draw the line!  He is a work in progress. 




You can tell he is thinking ..."I so want to sling that cat around. sigh." 


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment