Sunday, October 22, 2017

A stow-a-way, the greenhouse and jelly making


No fire in the stove this morning.  I heard a tapping on the front glass and found a starling trapped in it. I love birds and actually was glad there were no embers burning.  


It quickly flew to the window when I opened the stove. 


Someone from the outside was trying to help when he said it at the window. 



I did get the chores done this morning while Dude made breakfast. No camera since I am on my own and I kept dropping it yesterday in manure!  I rearranged the feeding bins to fit my needs.  The goats and ram usually try to barrel me over while I try to feed the horses.  Horses are huge so they get fed first but the others will still try to steal food from me causing a ruckus.  Today I put the boys out, closed the gate and put their tubs on the other side of the fence so  I can just dump their feed over the fence and not get bowled over. 

The geese were next plus everything needed water today.  I went to clean out the geese's pool and tried to do it quickly, dumping their water.  That caused a wave the dirty poopy water came back and hit me smackdab in the face!  Note to self ....close your mouth when outside. 

Also I need to remember to wear a hat... wind causes it to blow in my face and I can't see what I am doing or it gets caught in things. ... like spider webs.

Next up ... a bath(remember, I got goose slop all in my face!) and a nap. I can tell when my body is stressing out , everything gets stiff and doesn't want to move.  Time to rest. 

Later the greenhouse was watered -Dude did that.  Salad for dinner along with our cheeseburger impossible pie. 




 I see green tomato salsa in my future! 




Strawberry pepper jelly was made. I decided the pepper jelly I made yesterday wasn't hot enough, so today I left the seeds in this jelly.  OHman, it's hot now but very good!.


4 cups of crushed strawberry, a cup of crushed jalapeños with seeds left in, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 7cups of sugar.  I used package of powdered pectin today but the same procedure as yesterday's recipe. 


Cooked to a rolling boil.


Water bath for 12 minutes.


It is very good but very hot. 


Time for another nap...what, they are only 15 minutes...smile, then out for a walk.  Later finish my Halloween cards to mail tomorrow. 

peace 




No comments:

Post a Comment