Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sold another goat, milk, and Halloween cards

My 3rd day working with the animals. I did great... okay, not really, but better.  For some reason the turkeys followed me everywhere, the goofballs. 




We got Peppy milked and then she was sold this morning.  We still have other goats and a ram plus the horse, turkeys, chickens and guineas. 


I took time out to drained the milk.



Peppy said goodbye to her daughter , Mrs. Periwinkle. 


Then headed off to her new home where there are many other does.  It is very hard selling a mom. Everyone cries.  Mrs. Periwinkle has been crying all day and is horse from so much crying. Her mom is probably enjoying her stay at a new goat dairy. 

I came in before work and got started on a few Halloween cards.  Just grab some paper scraps and cutouts.  These are a Tim Holtz set already precut. I love that about them




That's about it. I did get jars ready for the weekend canning. Tomorrow I will only have time to do the morning feed then getting everything ready for the weekend. We have great homesteading friends who have come over offering help during this time. It is so important to gather your friends around when you need them, even if it is just for support.  I am happy our kids will be with us this weekend. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment