Friday, October 20, 2017

Preparing the homestead and having surgery

Dude has been "preparing" for his back surgery all week.  He made sure the animals had feed and was all stacked up for me. Horse stalls were all cleaned out and fresh bedding laid out.  Wood was cut and piled for the wood stove. (there are two rows of it) He has been training the puppy all week to make things easy for me and even got all the laundry done. All week he has been teaching me all the chores. 



The week before that he made sure the finishing touchs were done on the copper roof, used the leftover and put a roof on the pump house and helped plant  the greenhouse.  The leftover wood was all picked up and stacked. 





He was ready. Farmsister Sunny made dinner and dessert last night for us so we didn't have to worry about it after the surgery plus snacks for me while I waited. 


(I did get Yoda's body crocheted.)

Today was back surgery.  It was suppose to last 2.5 hours.  He was in close to an hour when the doctor called me in . They were finished. ...what? He said it went extremely well.  He said the fact Dude is very fit and thin helped him greatly.  The doctor said thin is a rarity these days for surgery.  

I laughed when the nurses told me his first words were when he came to were...."I want to ride my horse Summer".  The hospital is about an hour away and by the time we got home he was fully awake and wanted to move around.

I got up all my courage , went out to the field and got the horses for him.  My heart was pounding and boy, was I sweating. 




 ...and so the healing begins...





Family is the best healer. 

After everyone left I managed to get Dude to sit down...okay, I didn't but I wouldn't let him do anything. 

I thought a cat was stuck under the house and had to learn how to use the drill quickly.  I removed the cover but no cat. 

I got the animals put to bed. It is a little more chaotic when I do it but it is done. 



Family will be here this weekend.

At dinner Dude said how nice it was to have dinner already here and ready.  Thank you Sunny. 

I finally got the man to settle in too.  It is only 8pm and I am exhausted.  Here's to the healing process for Dude and growth  process for me.  We got this! 

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment