Friday, October 27, 2017

Norman, chickens and cats ...ohmy

I walked around the house most of the day in one slipper. Why just one? Because the puppy is at it again. My other slipper has been stolen.  Why do I need to wear them? Because a cat snuck in the house (I have banned them for a period of time while I sew) and gotten into my sewing room.  They got high on catnip and tore raffia all over the floor.  I need to find my other slipper.  They are, the animals that is, all in cahoots against me. I know they laugh at their hijinks behind my back.


I did sew up the catnip pillows and put away for a craft fair. Tomorrow I will cut and sew a bunch more. 


 Sewing room carpet ... what a mess! 


The chickens have all gone mad since I have been doing chores.  They are not laying, or at least, not laying in the hen house.  I suspect they are laying somewhere out by the wood pile.  It is too cold and I am too lazy to go out an look.



Dude resumed doing chores today. He says he is better and can't stand the thought , "of doing nothing" anymore. I won't fight it.  I can still cook and clean and take care of other things around the homestead. He is stubborn but no lifting, driving, or bending!! (yep, I had to carry in a 50lb bag of dog food.  They are getting lighter the more I lift!)

It's okay.  I gave in to everything today. My old bod just didn't want to go against the grain any more. I took a fat nap and read my book.

My mojo was back in check by the afternoon and I sewed.


After blaming the dog of stealing my slipper all day and walking in one shoe I found my slipper. It wasn't the dog at all but the iRobot. It stole and attempted to eat my slipper.  Norman, pup, please accept my apology for saying you stole my shoe... well, you probably did and left it out for the iRobot to grab it.  All is forgiven.

Tomorrow we will be back to talking homesteading... planting bulbs, gardens, horses.....

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment