Saturday, October 14, 2017

Sewing day!

Dude made a new "sidewalk"  with flagstone that someone was getting rid of a year ago and we saved. He filled in around it with gravel. 


Today he got in the tractor and cleaned out the horse stalls. 

I cleaned the house and got it ready for our sewing group.  We meet once a month at different homes. Today it was my turn. 


Everyone brings food to share and the host (me today) makes the main course. 





I am so happy to see we will have a wee one growing up in our group, learning to sew and carry on traditions. 


I was learning to make a teasel mice from teasel weeds. Daisy was very patient teaching me.

 Susan was working on boxes. 


 Catherine worked on a beautiful quilt for her daughter.


 Diane had cross stitch she was sewing.


My mom was working on an embroidery on a baby set to donate.


Judy was hand embroidering a quilt she is making.






Daisy worked on her owl quilt. 





I hand-sewed teasel mice.

We sewed for about four hours.  It was extremely windy today and everyone had to hold on going home.  All in all a great way to spend the day.  Friend, laughter, fun conversation, great food and fellowship from all walks of life. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment