Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August is WIP - Finish Works in Progress Month

This month I am working on finishing all those little projects that I never got around to finishing, including myself. 

I have a large bag of dried beans, thanks to our rancher friend, Lori.  I love beans! But I need space in our shipping container so project one - can pintos.  It is super simple. 

Washing and preparing my jars....



Heating my canning water. 


Quart jars + 1 cup dried beans  + 1 teaspoon of salt.


Fill jars with hot water to the ridge of the jar.



Put on sterilized tops and rings. Tighten equally and placed in pressure canner. 
Process in a pressure canner at 15 lbs (remember I am at high altitude!) for 90 minutes.
14 quarts were canned. 


They turn out amazing. Yep, they all sealed too! *pop*


The tractor is also great as a lounge chair...a very large lounge chair!


Dude eats an egg sandwich on rye every morning. It fits perfectly on the bread so every bite is egg. Just use a plastic square container, this is from lunch meat in days past. Spray with cooking spray. Crack two eggs in the container, scramble, and add salt and pepper. Cover with a paper towel. This size container takes 1 min and 20 seconds in the microwave.  Perfect . Dude likes a tiny bit of mayonnaise added. 


Fluffy morning. 


Cleaning and bagging carrots. 


Swiss Chard getting ready for a bath before going into the dehydrator. 


WIP self - Working on thinking and surrounding myself with positive words. In the first hour of the day I found it a slight bit of a struggle...who knew I was such a negative cookie.   Dang! I am definitely a WIP

Have a great day!

peace, health, and happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment