Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday Funday - Mass, Finished some WIPs and a Horse

 It was a busy Sunday Funday. First off to Mass. It was full and I tried to sneak in and the choir flagged me over to sit with them in the back of the church. They promised only 2 songs so I said ...hmm what the heck. Besides they are a fun group! 

Reading 2HEB 12:1-4

Brothers and sisters:
Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us
and persevere in running the race that lies before us
while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus,
the leader and perfecter of faith.
For the sake of the joy that lay before him
he endured the cross, despising its shame,
and has taken his seat at the right of the throne of God.
Consider how he endured such opposition from sinners,
in order that you may not grow weary and lose heart.
In your struggle against sin
you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood.

Next up I got a pork roast in the crock pot to make tamales with tomorrow with the Farmgirls before heading to work and then I settled in to sew, finishing up a few more projects. I knew I would be sitting a while so I made a deal with myself... every project I finish I must go for a walk before starting another.  I have been walking 10k a day with my coworkers and then found out at church there will be a walk to raise money for our windows.

Project one...completed.  Who knew it would be a sign of how the day would end. 




Project done so had to get out to walk.  My dog knows that if I grab a rosary we are heading out for a prayer walk. She is so excited. 






 Next project ... a table runner that Dude wanted done. He now wants a six foot runner to go on our 8 foot breakfast bar. 


Finished and quilted. 


Next walk is a goat prayer walk. They love these. 




Next project was a wallhanging that I needed back and sandwich. 


finished!


And then this happened.  Dude found himself a horse. He is so excited. They will deliver him Tuesday. His name is Buttons.
(the kitten was just cute)







Happy Sunday Funday!

peace,health, and happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment