Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Baseball, a walk and re-purposing


I took time off the homestead to attend a Rockies Baseball game.  It was so much fun. The weather was perfect at 77* most of the game.  There were home runs, high flies and alot of laughter.  The Rockies won against the Dodgers 7-0.




Back on the homestead we did go our for an evening walk with horse, goat and ... chicken? 
This chicken loves Mr Buttons and follows him everywhere. 


The girls wanted to go on the walk too but needed to stay behind.




I convinced Angelo a walk would be good for him. So armed with our rosary beads, Angelo and Skippy joined us on our walk. 




The electric fence will be completed tomorrow and Mr Buttons will be able to roam free.


Re-purpose

When I think of Colorado I think of mountains, lodges, snow and a hot cup of something in  your hands. I like to make sure I have enough cups available for tea, coffee, cocoa, or whatever someone needs to keep them warm. So they have to be easy to get to , so I re-purposed a hat rack to hold mugs. 


The other re-purpose was from an old rake I had. I was our working in the garden one day when it just went flying off the handle. I didn't want to throw it away and I eventually came to use it for my mugs. 


This is a rack for toast but I never used it for that. 


But it is very handy for my patterns that I want to make.


Well, it's been a very long and fun day. Time to settle in with a new book I got in the mail to add to my kids/faith section of our "library". It's the story of St Elizabeth of Hungary. Can't wait to read it.


peace, health, and happiness




No comments:

Post a Comment