Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Funday - Getting away for a bit

Not a bunch to write about. It is rare we get away from the homestead. Animals tend to tie you to the land.  So last week I put a bunch of day trips in a jar and had Dude pull a card out of a bowl.  Now, twice a month, we will "get away".  Today it was to Blackhawk and Golden, Co.  The weather was perfect and so was the company.  Blackhawk is a gambling town and we found it wasn't our thing...no bartering or anything just giving away your money to someone...hmmm.  So, on the way home I showed Dude one of my favorite spots.

Tomorrow it is back to homestead work and work in the city but for now we just enjoyed!









Serendipity... I just got the movie The Secret Garden from the Thrift Store and then I saw this on the statue we stopped to sit by. Definitely need to watch tonight. 





Next time I am riding down this creek instead of just dangling my feet. 

Peace, health, and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment