Sunday, August 7, 2016

Tis the season of Corn

It's beginning to look very green and yellow around here. Corn is coming in and we love it. Most of ours got hailed out but we are lucky the Rieder Land and Ranch offered some of theirs.  It is so good and sweet !


Have you ever seen such beautiful sweet corn? 


I saved the cobs for the chickens. They politely said thank you very much. 



Today's corn recipe is corn salsa and all from around here...well, everything except the corn was grown here on the homestead...and the salt and lime.  smile.


4 ears of corn cooked how you like it - I boiled mine for 3 minutes and remove from cob
1/2 chopped onion - from the garden
2 chopped garlic cloves  - from the garden
teaspoon of dried cilantro - from the garden
handful of sliced cherry tomatoes - from the garden
tablespoon chopped jalapeno - from the garden
large pinch of salt
tablespoon of lime juice

Mix together. It is best if it sits but otherwise just enjoy. 

I love this gift my mom gave me. It is a little teapot she kept from her high school day and a date.  
It is from the 1930's her date was 16 years later. I love this birthday present.


More useful treasures from the past I have collected.


Yesterday, we found out we are having a grandson in the future. My daughter-in-law and her family have such a grand way of celebrating the everyday of life.  They had a reveal party without my son and daughter-in-law knowing what the baby would be. Here are some of the games they play up until the reveal. 
Congratulations and we are so excited.











Happy Funday Sunday!

peace, health, and happiness 




No comments:

Post a Comment