Friday, August 26, 2016

Frugal Friday

Fridays I will try to reserve for how we saved money this week. 

First off we do use the 52 Week Challenge.  Monday was week 34 so we popped $34 in our jar of savings and we are up to $595. I found this a few years back on facebook on 52 Week Money Challenge.


Use only cash. Money becomes more important when you don't have credit cards. You keep better track of how you spend. I used to save any $1 bill.  Now I am trying to save $5 bills for chicken feed and chips for the coop. (saved $10)



Make your own breakfast. (saved $6.62 a day - $33.10 a week!) It is a joke that my car naturally knows how to stop at McD's every morning for an egg sandwich and mocha coffee. Now I make my own. Less carbs too because I use only one side of the bun. 



Healthier mocha since I use goat's milk and no adding sugar. Milk, add coffee, and Hersey's chocolate syrup.  


These are also fun. 



Take advantage of free money. $250  My work gives us incentives to stay healthy. I am always shocked at the amount of people who do not participate or take advantage of this free money.  Here is what I earned so far... (I won't count it in the total until I am paid) 


Use the library.  I get books, books on CD and cable series like Turn and the Vikings from the library. (one cd The Union Quilters - price on Amazon $12 used/ Vikings series 2 - price on Amazon $16.88 used)  


Make your own pillow cases.  Have you seen the price of them in the store? $17 to $20 a pair.


Make your own thank you notes.  Yes, they still matter. Saved $5.


Grow your own. Spinach and Collards.  Saved $5.



This week's savings ......$134.95 !! 

Happy Friday. 
peace, health, and happiness 


No comments:

Post a Comment