Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Mr. Buttons the Horse arrives at his new home.

There was a storm on the way home. It was quick ,wet and full of lighting.  

The new horse was delivered while I was at work.  I thought I would be brave and go out and meet him.  My goats were upset and in the chicken pen while the horse was snug in the barn. Okay, so he is a handsome animal and perhaps he is soft. Maybe I should take a few pictures....



My goats were afraid of this huge animal that was making itself home in their barn. But when I went in they figured it was okay and raided the horse's hay. 




I don't know anything about horses and am a bit afraid of them.  Dude loves them and grew up with them. It was dark and it's late so I thought I would get a better picture and flipped on the flash . 

Me and my buddy Angelo, the boer goat, stayed a wee bit back


He wasn't afraid, he just wanted food. 


The girls looked from their stalls. 


And then it happened. One flash too many. I guess the horse thought it was lightning and ran off into the dark. I walked ...fast... to the house and Dude calmly walked out to the field to find the horse.  I could see they were both walking back together (from the safety of the kitchen window), Dude calmly talking to him and like they have been best friends for years.  Angelo was at the chicken gate looking at the window and wondering why I abandoned him. 
I blew him a kiss and said I would be out in the morning. 


The horse, who's name is Mr. Buttons is kind and gentle. He is very soft, not a coarse fur like the goats. 
He just obviously does not like the flash of the camera. 

Tomorrow, I will face my fears in the light of day. 
peace, health and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment