Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Crafts, and Skippy our goat

The grand-kids are gone.  They headed to their home two hours away. We and the horse, will miss them.

We had some great craft time. They learned a lot and I loved the conversations they brought to the home. Some of our views are very different but we found that's what great about the world...our differences.  What we did agree on were gardens and crafting, sewing and crocheting. (oh and they couldn't change my mind about horses, they are still not for me! smile)

Here are some of their creations. 





The little "quilt" was done by the youngest. She learned how to sew by hand.


They carved the pumpkins with a secret places to stash chocolate.



Autumn trees that light up.



Pitstop at the library...



Once they were on the road I took a big fat nap. Then couldn't wait to dig into my own craft projects.  It was late in the day by the time I got started but I made good of the time. This skull came out cute and I found the directions here


Backing a quilt for my grandson who LOVE Halloween. 


Looks like our goat Skippy is up for sale. He prefers to be called Skippy over his true name Blackwing Apache's Warrior.  He is from a champion line, an Alpine and very mellow. He is a Pieces born 3-2-15 likes long walks and to be brushed but prefers to look at the girls - smile. He did what he came here to do - give us a female- cross between the Alpine (high butterfat) and a Nubian (high milk flow). Most important he is kind.




I am sure he will go to a good home.

Okay, I didn't get to the garden due to a storm moving in but hopefully that will be on for tomorrow after work. 
peace, health, and happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment