Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday! Canning tamales and being inspired by sewing, crocheting, quilting....

A quick note before heading to work. I made it over to my friend Sunny's homestead this morning where we canned tamales. I made pork this time. It was fun and quick. The power even went out in our area but no problem. She has a gas stove and as resourceful as we all are out here , she had saved some water. Tamales were made without a hitch!







While water boiled she shared some of her hand made treasures she has collected. These are either given by friends or family heirlooms. Gorgeous and inspiring for me to get busy! 










And she just finished drying alpaca wool she spun and washed! 
Thanks again Sunny for the fun morning!


Happy Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven! 
I got this idea from the blog Catholic Cuisine. Dude loved them. 

Time to hit the road.

peace, health, and happiness




No comments:

Post a Comment