Saturday, April 2, 2016

Mountain views, turkey update and faith

We may live out on the eastern plains but ah, the views!



We took a small road trip today. It was our granddaughter's last volleyball game of the season and I didn't want to miss it!  Road trip food was in order - dried cinnamon apples and jerky. Yum!




We had a good time but soon we were back on the homestead. I went out to check on Blizzard, one of turkey chicks.  I found Dude had put chicken wire on the top of their bin because they were trying to fly.  Ugh, doesn't he know , to fly is a good thing.  So I took them out for a bit.  Blizzard loves to be with us and help us with many projects. He is just the best! His roommate is Snowflake or Flake for short. Flake has also grown to trust us.





Gosh, I love this little face!


Faith - I did manage to go to mass tonight.  Do you ever wonder if your priest is intentionally trying to target people with the holy water - wink.  I love the gospel today ...well, it's tomorrow's really for Divine Mercy Sunday.  I am no Biblical Scholar but to me, it is a real story. If you saw the musical rock opera The 12, it's that story. The apostles are in the upper room doors closed and afraid, trying to figure out what is next. Wow, kind of like us, hearts are closed due to our own fears  even when God is constantly telling us to have Peace.  Jesus doesn't show us his wounds to say, look what they have done. He is not being accusatory or asking for revenge but rather to say, "Shalom - Peace be with you."  God does not accuse but says these are the wounds of Salvation and there can be New Life. Even in the end(was it now the beginning?) Jesus was telling us and showing us to do good to those who have done evil to us.
 
Then the gospel tells us - Jesus came and stood in their midst
and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side.
The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you.
As the Father has sent me, so I send you.”
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them,
“Receive the Holy Spirit.

Breathed on them.... like in Genesis2 as God breathed life into man. It now returns full circle in the New Testament ,  God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit working in unison to instill in us to have confidence in Eternal Life.

After all this, Thomas comes in to doubt as we do many times in life. Yet, again Jesus again reaches out to lift each in faith so that we might believe. It is for us, like Thomas, to experience that Jesus is Alive. He is the foundation of Life and that we see God is Love.


Oh and I did get scolded by Father after mass for not calling after my surgery -so, I was, indeed alive. You see, the day before I went to the hospital I called Father to ask him to pray for me. When he asked if my soul was in mortal danger I said, part jokingly, part seriously...well, I did have to sign a form saying I knew that I could die during surgery.  After hearing that he told me to get right over to the church. GULP. What happened during that time was amazing to me... Prayer, Confession, Communion and Anointing of the Sick - to bring Spiritual and Physical Strength during an illness. I wish my family had been there...uh, minus the confession. 
 ~ Peace~

2 comments:

  1. Love this open post. Especially the part about Jesus breathing on us the same way the Father breathed on man. Keep posting. Love the stories! Blizzard is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, a beginning in reading the Bible more. Blizzard is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete