Monday, April 25, 2016

Granola Recipe, Farmgirls, and Trains

I returned to work today with a modified schedule.  I did not want to get out of the car. I missed the homestead and thought of it all day.  Before hitting the highway I stopped to see the YaYa Farmgirls. It was great to see their smiling faces. Sunny surprised us with garden markers. I can't wait to use them. Thank you, sister.  I waved to them as they ran off into the field to catch a wayward peacock. I would have rather been in the field with them or riding shotgun in the guide car than heading to work.



Trains
We live in a town that the train goes through all day and night.  Luckily we live far enough that it doesn't bother us but if you are playing bingo on a Saturday night at the American Legion hold on to your card.  The train hauls coal most of the time but there have been a lot of new vehicles being hauled, things we probably don't want to know is going through our town and these...  windmill blades. The last time I saw blades going through a town was on a truck in the town near us.  They got stuck going on the on-ramp causing a major backup.  This is more efficient.



I got a couple of requests for the granola recipe. Here you go:

Granola

2 cups raw almonds
2 cups raw pecans
2 Tablespoons chia
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 honey
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. cinnamon
good pinch of salt (I use Himalaya)
dash of nutmeg

Soak the almonds and pecans.  Soak chia in a cup of water.  Now go shopping or work in the garden for an hour or two.

Next chop the nuts . I did this by hand or you can use a food processor. I like big chunks.
Mix everything together.

Put in dehydrator trays for 2 hrs at 145*, then lower to 115* for 12hr or until it is done. I started at 4pm and let it go until morning 630-7am.  Perfect.  It will store for 1-3 months in a glass jar.



When I make cheese I give the animals the whey.  They love it so much they won't share.



Time to call it a night.
peace, health, and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment