Saturday, April 30, 2016

Day full of snowy rain

Every morning Dude heads out to milk the goats.  In about a half hour I hear , " milkman!" and he leaves a big ole bucket of milk for me to strain and bottle up to make cheese, butter, or something luscious later on.  We get about a gallon a day. We have two milk goats but one continues to nurse her kid off and on.





I went back to work last week. Boy was that an interesting balance. You do what you gotta do especially when you want a new tractor. Along with saving part of my paycheck I  like to stash egg money, pay with cash, use coupons, barter (even in stores! - I got $137 knocked off my glasses at the Target optical !!) and stashing any change and dollar bills -I don't spend them.

This is the cool part about homestead and a feeling of  "we did it".  Breakfast today I made breakfast burritos.

Eggs from our hens.
Chilies we canned.
Colorado potatoes.
Pork from our neighbors and a fellow Yaya sister, Allie.
And our jalapeño cheese I made.
Perfect. Dude ate three of them!



Today was to be stitch it up Saturday and I may still go and sew. But with the rain and snow decided to go for a ride in the country instead. Dude loves this weather and loves to get out in it! We did have a pelican fly right in front of us with a fish in it's mouth!
So instead of sewing I will bring you up to date on a couple of crocheting project.
Here is where I left off with the scrap afghan for the car. Since I am using only leftover yarn, I don't think it is turning out half bad.  (Dog approved)


Plus, I began to make prayer shawls.  This one is for my sister-in-law who began chemo on Friday.


Faith: Having fun with my prayer journal.  I love these. Does anyone else do this? I use paints, stamps, glitter, anything really during my prayer and daily reading time.



Reading: I am so lucky! My sister, The Major (yes, she is really a retired major from the Air Force) aka Pat sent me this gem and I can't put it down. I brought it with me on the ride today and love it.


I am determined to finish this one so I can start another book I have been dying to read!


Not much else new here today. Dude is napping so I think I will start a fire and read.  I love it when the house is so extremely quiet.

Peace, health, and happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment