Saturday, April 9, 2016

Chickens, antelope and day 5 sewing

We had the chickens processed today.  We had 7 roosters and 8 fryer chickens. We butchered the last few groups of our hens and decide... nope, we didn't want to do it any longer.  Our time is extremely limited and we are just too tired to do it any more. 

Dude was proud of his new chicken catcher. He had one growing up and wanted another.  The cat thought it was a whisker scratcher.
It worked pretty good and the chickens were loaded quickly.




After we loaded up the meat hens we graduated the layers to the chicken coop and yard. They were a little confused but excited to be out in the sunshine.

 The turkeys wanted to go outside too but they will need to wait until tomorrow. We only have so much time in the day.


The drive was an hour and half away. So I made good of the ride by crocheting my leftover balls of yarn. There are so many times in my life where I am just riding in a car or waiting...that's a good time to crochet. I will continue to add to it to make a blanket for the car.


We got to the butcher and started unloading the chickens.



  We did have one rooster escape at the butchers. Ran across the road, into a field and back, landing himself right into a crate.  He was running all over the place and finally said if you can't catch him, give him his freedom and right then he ran right into the crate.




Time to head home but first visit with family.  We don't really drive all that way to have our chickens processed. We drive all that way to see family.

Anywhooo on the way home we did see a bunch of antelope. It is always wonderful when we can catch a glimpse of them.




Sewing:
We got home late but it was just in time for me to head to mass.  When I got home Dude was off to the farm store. Perfect time for me to work on Day 5 of my Sewing Challenge.  I didn't have much time so I used what I had around. A friend of mine, Susan, had already worked on the horse and then didn't want it(of course, I said I'd take it!). I used that and then I cut strips, sewed them together and put him on there...wa-la!  Dude loves horses and wants me to find a frame for this one.

Exhausted and need to get my feet up. Happy Saturday evening ! 

Peace, health and happiness!











No comments:

Post a Comment