Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Taking it easy with books, goats and sewing.

I had to take it easy today. Slowing down to the speed of a snail (in my view) is very hard for me. I need to be getting gardens in, tilling the ground, and cleaning out stalls.  I hate that,while healing, Dude has to do the brunt of the work, as well as go to work.  He enjoys it but it doesn't ease my guilt.

I was happy to have the doors open today and hear the sound of  goats and birds rather than angry winds. 

Stopped off at the library and picked up a couple of books.

 Does anyone else like "reading" cookbooks?


Took time out to be with the goats for a bit.  Running Water is still a little sad about not having her boys. Goats are very family or tribe oriented.  She loved a little "me" time.

Peppy cried because the momma goats went out to the field to eat and she thought it was too far for her little legs. She stayed behind and felt sorry for herself, so I sat with her for a bit.




Day 2 of my 30 sewing challenge :
 
Made a little table topper. I love these colors and thank my friend Renee for sending me the Charm Packs.  These are beautiful and I was glad to work with some spring colors.


Here is one of the two tops I made yesterday.

Being a beekeeper, I was squealing with joy to see this fabric...okay, not squealing but secretly had fabric butterflies in my stomach, I was excited to get started.



Here are the tops after day 2:

Need to look for backing fabric for all of these in my stash this weekend.

2 comments: