Friday, April 8, 2016

The every day and sewing day 4

Homestead days are much like everyone else's with laundry, cleaning bathrooms and grocery shopping.  Today was that day and my first full day of getting back to normal with naps included (but really what is normal :-)  ) .

I did get a short prayer walk in with the goats , aka, a Goat Prayer Walk. So we grab a walking stick and a rosary and head out. Goats walk very slow and it is a good use of time.


First I need to put Skippy away so he doesn't flirt with the girls.  He thinks I don't see him. He tries to hide but eventually gives in and comes running. He's a good goat.


I had to coax the girls out but eventually we did get to walking. Angelo was waiting.




There was time to play.  Sad-face Running Water even came over to play.

Peppy was ready!

We thought Angelo was going to play but he just wanted to use the wood to scratch his back.


Dinner - Made split pea soup for dinner.  I usually get my ingredients out a day ahead to make sure I have everything. I did that - great, ready to go!  Today I went to get everything out of the fridge. It was organized on a plate. Everything was there except the bag of split peas. I looked everywhere, twice! I finally gave in and called Dude. When I asked him if he had seen the bag of split peas his response was, "did you look in the greenhouse?"  Ugh, not a seed bag! Well, I eventually did find them. They had slid between the shelves in the refrigerator. Dinner was good with open-faced radish sandwiches to go with our soup.





Faith : Okay, I am no biblical scholar. I use a form of prayerful reading and meditation called Lectio Divina.(from Beliefnet -  Lectio divina is a slow, contemplative praying of the Scriptures. Time set aside in a special way for lectio divina enables us to discover in our daily life an underlying spiritual rhythm.)

My meditation today was on John 6:1-15, you know, the story of the loaves and fishes.  As I studied I went right for the obvious of having friends and family stop by and thinking we don't have enough food. Somehow the food is always there, always enough and when folks leave there are leftovers. Then I reread again and  began to focus more on what Philip said, "Six month wages would not buy enough bread for each of them to get a little." Whoa... that could have been me talking. So many times in a crisis Dude will come up with a great solution and instead of hearing him out and weigh our options I go straight for the money jugular...."how much is it, where will we get the money, and who's going to pay for it." And the response is usually  - "there you go again. Can we look at all the options first?"
Ah, such as this in the gospel today. There are other options and with Jesus around, a main option is to simply have faith and be open to the miracles around us.  We will always make it through whatever crisis we have as long as we have faith.

30 day sewing challenge - day 4.  I made envelope purses. It's a great way to use up scraps of batting and fabric or, in my case, batting that my cat thought was a good place to create her own bed.

They turned out cute and was another quick project.


 I was thinking of making smaller ones to fit inside my purse.




Time to wind down, drink a little tea, crochet a little and read a little.

Peace, health and happiness.






No comments:

Post a Comment