Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fences, granola, and faith

It was a day full of spirit, love and a bit of labor.  I ran over to wish my daughter-in-law a very happy birthday and deliver a belated gift to my other daughter-in-law before heading to mass. Now this is no small feat as I live an hour away but did it, I did.

More cheese was made today.  I was also glad to hear my son would like more but with jalapeños in it. I will make his tomorrow morning before heading back to work. I am very grateful for having a job but also grateful my doctor said to ease back into work with half days.



Dude worked on the fence.  He put in a gate big enough for a tractor.  He was also sweet enough to surprise me with a walking gate at the other end so I can continue my prayer walks. In the end the goats complained as goats do, crying and carrying on.  Skippy tried ramming another fence just because. Running Water cried and walked off , all confused.  They will soon come to know it all for the best.



  My prayer walk gate.




Their gates are open but they are staying in their pens.



Confusion and sadness with the separation of family.


Drama queen Running Water heading back in the pen with a "woe is me" attitude.




I did get granola going. It takes 24hrs in the dehydrator. This one is cinnamon and the house smells wonderful.



Garden/recycle tip - Do you ever get packages with those annoying Styrofoam peanuts in it?  You can recycle them , sort of. Any plant that requires well drain soil just add these to the dirt . You can layer it or work them in.

Animal water trough tip - These barley bags in the water really do clear them up!

Faith - The scripture today was short and sweet but a good one to meditate on throughout the week.  Jesus asks us to love one another. We know this is not always easy.  We have grudges, judgements of each other, our own humiliations and sufferings.  We undergo many hardships and often wonder why is this happening to us. But Jesus gives us faith and if we see life with faith, we will see that the Kingdom of God will be one without suffering. Look at Jesus; he tells us to love one another all the while he has friends that betray him, deny him, a life full of injustices and suffers all for love and the full Glory of God.  If we give up ourselves completely to God how can we go wrong if God is love?  The Lord may be asking us to go through things we may not want or understand but if it is God's will and not ours then there is a reason larger than ourselves that may ripple out to so many others. Let's be there for each other.


Be careful what you wish for... I planted trees to attract birds to our property.  Well , they came.

peace, health and happiness







No comments:

Post a Comment