Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A little gardening, a little turkey and a little sewing.

My goal this morning was to do a little gardening before the winds kicked up.  Looks like the garlic is coming up nicely.  This is from the organic Russian garlic we grew last year. I wasn't sure if it would take here or at all for that matter.  We'll see how it does.



Next up was to the greenhouse. Blizzard loves to help so I got him, or is it a she, out to assist. Oh, by the way, she is a Broad Breasted White turkey and my very best friend (I told you most of my friends were turkeys - smile)


Blizzard asked if Flake (short for Snowflake...no, not that all my friends are flakes too :-)  )  could join us.  I thought as long as she stays with us, I wouldn't mind the extra company.

We picked the rest of the radishes.

And checked some seedlings.



We took tree cuttings since this one is on it's last leg, uh, limb. (And took on a challenge of a Psalm a Day)



The winds really picked up today so I headed back to the house.
We are now getting a gallon of milk a day from the goats.

Took some time out to write notes.

I also gave myself a 30 day challenge to sew every day. It could be anything, big or little . Here is where I started today.  I got 2 1/2 lap quilt tops done. I love this fabric.  Thank you Kelly Ann's Quilting!  (of course, I had help from Lou, the cat)





Dinner is ready ... an Italian bake - layers of noodles, spaghetti sauce with sausage and cheese...lots of cheese! Dude calls it lasagna mac.

Time to rest!



No comments:

Post a Comment