Monday, April 18, 2016

Melting snow, queso blanco and another sewing day

What a difference a day makes.  All the snow we had immediately began to melt.



But I still can't plant my new fig trees (more like twigs) ....hopefully I can plant at the end of the week.

We made Queso Blanco Cheese tonight. It turned out perfect and we got a lot out of one gallon.  Now we wait for it to drain and drip all the whey out.  Picture of the final result tomorrow.

We heated a gallon of goat milk.


As it began to curd we started to gather it and put in a colander line with muslin. It smelled like buttery cheese.  


Then tie and let it drip away for a few hours.



Sewing Challenge day 14.  I had made this quilt a while back.  I saved the scraps...I just couldn't throw them away. So out of scraps we make more things... this time, potholders!






That's it for today.
Peace, health and happiness!



No comments:

Post a Comment