Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Getting back into the swing of things

We are back fulltime working in the foothills and part-time on the homestead (sadness).  Monday, before work, I met with the Yaya farmgirls.  In our cold environment we wear thick knitted or wool socks especially when out working with the animals on a snowy day. We learned to darn socks. At first I thought why would I want to know this but when I got home and told Dude what we did he dug his wool socks with holes out of the bedroom trash.  Hmmm guess this skill will be useful.

We got our supplies ready.
 Sunny's husband, Fred, made us tools we could use to get the job done if we didn't have a sock egg.
Thank you!!!

This is our example...no way did I do that well on the first try!



My Yaya sister began her lesson from Sunny.


Now it's my turn to give it a try. We learned it is basically weaving , first one way and then go back and weave between, up and over,  all the rows you just added.



All in all a fun morning before heading to work. Now I have Dude's socks to give it a go.


Here is an update on the animals:

The turkeys hang out all day with the mama goats.


Peppy is getting bigger every day.




Angelo is still the prince of the homestead.  Skippy had escaped and I had to run him out of the girls pen.


Mother's day is coming up and I am taking my mom to a Scottish Tea. So I am attempting to get a dress made by then.  Wish me luck.


Friday the Yaya Farmgirls are going to make cheese and faerie jars. So, I began to cut the silhouettes.


The snow has finally melted but I am still working in the greenhouse transplanting tomato and pepper seedlings.



Cheese is draining and clothes need to be folded. Hope you day is great.

Peace, health and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment