Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Morning, cheese, and gravel

I am slow going today.  I was jarring up the dried mint and turned to reach for something and pulled a muscle at my shoulder blade. Sneezing is killing me - ugh!


Anywhooo... chickens are fed.



We are loving the green the rains have brought to us. 


Goats milked. Pepper waits patiently for her turn. 


She wants a few kisses first.


Running Water wants to know if she is done being milked.


Peppers wants Running Water to move it! 


This week I made chevre cheese.  I got into a groove of mixing the milk, rennet and culture at night. Put into an oven with the light on and leave it until morning. 
By morning you have a huge hunk of cheese ready to be tied up and drained for the day. 
I put another batch in the oven. When I get home late at night I wrap up the cheese that was draining all day and then hang the cheese that has been forming all day. I get two batches of cheese a day this way. 





We had some graveled delivered today.  When it rains or snows there is mud, muck and puddles the size of lakes in our driveway.  We order recycled concrete. It is recycled from buildings torn down, crushed and mixed with sand.  We like it because it is inexpensive and we love anything recycled. 





My morning partner tells me I need to get some birthday cards out before work and make a wedding card. Plus the vacuuming must be done.


For today ...
peace, health and happiness!





No comments:

Post a Comment