Wednesday, May 11, 2016

How we go about a busy morning.

Both my husband and I have jobs off the farm;  so much needs to be done before we head off for the day.

Here is an example with today.

We get up around 6-630am.  We start coffee and tea.  Dude jumps in the shower while I do 10 minutes of yoga.  We stop for tea and coffee and then head out to do chores.  On the way out I drop and start a load of laundry. I head out  to take care of the chickens and turkeys while Dude makes his way to the goat barn.  After feeding and watering the birds I needed to move the teenage Blue Ameraucana hens to the big coop and yard. I caught one and the other escaped. ugh. I eventually did get them to the big yard but after watching over them for a few minutes I noticed they are being pursued and bullied by the older hens. We catch them again and put them in the hen-house for cover and a more gentle day.



Dude milked and  fed the goats. He always has an audience.  We got about a gallon today. I brought the milk into the house to strained and jar up to put in the frig while he finishes up outside. I make breakfast burritos for Dude eat on the road. 

 Pepper politely waiting her turn.


Gracie looking in . 






I came into a bunch of green peppers. So, I cut some of them up to put in the dehydrator. 


I was able to get 4 full trays.


When going through the freeze the other I notice we had a large roll of hamburger. Hmmm only two of us and a large roll. So I thawed it yesterday and today made freezer make-ahead meatballs.  I got a book on CD to listen to and set to making and rolling meatballs. I decide on a plain recipe. This way we can have them in a varity of ways - such as stroganoff, spaghetti, or  subs. 


Meatball recipe. 
Preheat oven to 400*

3 lbs ground beef
1 chopped large onion
1/2 cup  oats
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 eggs
2 tbsp Worcestershire
salt and pepper

Mix all together and shape into  2 inch balls.  Bake 20 minutes. 
It made 34 meatballs.
Mark the bags  - Bake 350* until warm. 




I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes to let the meatballs cool before I bagged and labeled them for the freezer. 
 Then it was time to clean up. I ran out to dump my bucket for the compost and give it a spin. Ohcrap. I didn't close it tightly before spinning. Time to clean up...again.


It was around 1030am by now and that gave me 30 minutes to read and relax before getting ready for work.  I have to turn on the timer to make sure I am not late.  Dinner is packed for work - large chopped salad, hard boiled eggs and an apple. 

I stop to put the clothes in the dryer. 

That's it, I am on the road by 1130am.   Tomorrow I plan to sew...oh, I hope so and get in the greenhouse. 

Hope your day was grand! 

peace, health and happiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment