Sunday, May 15, 2016

Celebrations and a Bit of Sewing

So much to celebrate today!  Pentecost and the Feast of St Isidore!
I made a cake for Pentecost.  Dude loves it. Also, cheese was made first thing this morning, the refrigerator was getting full of milk.


Today is the Feast of Isidore the patron saint of farmers. Our church as been saying the 9 day novena of St Isidore.  
Each year we have Father come bless our land, home and animals. Later a crop duster filled with Holy Water will come, fly over and bless our land.   Here's last year's pictures of Father Carlos blessing our land and animals:




Today was a sew day. I popped in two movies - Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice (I had too - Dude has been watching James Bond movies every night when I get home...what?!!! is there a James Bond Channel ?!!)   I made a tea mat ...only because I messed up on the first sampler square (I am so horrible at following directions). ( I am following The Splendid Sampler online. Yes, I am way behind and only on block one.)



After the two quilt squares were done I stopped for a wee bit of yoga and frost the Pentecost cake as a Happy Birthday to the Catholic Church.


It needed a bit more. 




Next up was a dress. Hmmm not sure how it will look. I ran out of green. I like to only use up the fabric I have so I will make due. I only got part of it done when I noticed Dude still out mowing. 


If I didn't stop now and start making the lasagna that he was going to make we will not eat tonight.




I have so much to do and feel I will never catch up.  (Just think about your flowers, Just think about your flowers.  ahhhhhhhhh)


Time to relax.


peace, health and happiness



1 comment:

  1. Love the Pentecost cake! The Strawberries look like the tongues of fire ;)

    ReplyDelete