Saturday, May 14, 2016

Apple recipe and fence mending

I felt like I was on the road forever today.  I went to the Denver Metro area to meet a great group of Catholic Women.  Great conversation and prayer. Learn all about Montessori schools - love this idea,  France, new stuff in child birthing, churches these ladies go to and all in a gorgeous neighborhood with a gracious host.

It was all great fun until I tried to get home.  It felt like every road was clogged or being worked on.  I call my mom who informed - ohyeah, they are working on the bridge on I25 near Alameda. That was exactly where I was sitting in traffic.  ... well, you should listen to your mother then.   I told my mom she only just now told me there was working being done!  Ohwell she replied.  Gotta love the old lady -smile- xo  I got off the highway only to stop in traffic on Federal. I called my son and asked are they working on every road in Denver?!!! Yeah, mom, it's Denver. (think of your garden, think of your garden!)

After an hour and half in traffic. I am finally home. There is no congestion, no traffic, not even the train was stopping me getting onto the homestead. Dude was out in the field when I got home  I beeped and waved as I go by. Once I got in the house he calls on his cell to ask me to bring the post driver out to the field. He was mending fences the goats have been leaning against to scratch themselves.



Skippy learned he could pick up this log and scratch his head with it. 




Everyone is out helping him...goats, turkeys.  It is always cute to see the turkeys defending the goats when the dog comes around. They get between the goats and dog, fluffing themselves up and stomping their feet. Man, I love those turkeys.


Recipe of the day: Laughing Apples

Mix together :

1 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Add to :
3 large chopped apples
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine everything and let chill for an hour or two. 

Cleaned and got ready for my sewing day tomorrow. Yay!

Tonight - meditation and crocheting.  


1 comment: