Saturday, May 7, 2016

4 kinds of cheese , some crafting, and a Scottish tea

Ohmygosh!  I am going to get so fat.  We made four kinds of cheeses !

We began with paneer.  I love saag paneer so I had to try making paneer cheese.  A good friend let me borrow her press.  Wow! Was that awesome and cut the time way in half or more.  Paneer is made similar to queso blanco but instead of using apple cider vinegar we used lemon juice.



Another new one we tried was chevre. I am in heaven.  Not much cooking here. Just put in the right ingredients and get it up to 70*. Pop that badboy in the oven. Don't turn it on, just turn on the light and leave it... until the next morning.  Tie it up, let it drain and wa - la! It is a thing of beauty!
I got so excited I forget to take pictures but here is what I got.
Put it in the muslin to drain for the morning.



Rolled one in cracked black pepper.


Another in my dried chives.


Plus two plain and secured them in parchment paper.


We also made on plain queso blanco and one queso blanco with jalapeños

So good.

For Mother's Day I took my Scot/Irish mom to a tea.  I was so glad she enjoyed it.













We did make some clothes pin faeries and soldiers. The kids colored them with markers and added lace for skirts and toothpicks for swords.





Whoa! That's a full skirt lil sister.


Then tried our hand at faerie jars.  They turned out pretty good. I used black paper and Cricut machine to cut the silhouettes. Glue the silhouettes inside the jar.  Then mod podge is thinly applied on the outside of the jar, gently smooth white tissue paper over the jar.  Add a wee bit of glitter and lace or trim and there you have it.  More ideas here. http://diycozyhome.com/diy-fairy-lantern-tutorial/






It has turned into a stormy day. So time to read and enjoy a cup of tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment